Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Fast Paced People

 There are some people that are slower. There are some people that do actions at a medium speed. And then there are people that are just plain fast. I am not sure if they mean to be but they just are. I guess I would consider myself medium paced but of course there are others that would say I am fast at everything.

One of my roommates is definitely fast paced. She is the only one if I really think about it. Just the way she does things but also fast paced at listening. I am not sure if that is really what it’s called but I am going to go with that. Oh wait; maybe I will phrase it selective hearing. Not in the way that that term is usually thought about-- only hearing what you want to hear, but rather doesn’t really take the time to listen well and actually comprehend what someone is saying. This mostly happens when she is preoccupied, which makes sense I guess. But I get the feeling that it could happen at any moment.

It is possible that she really just wants to say what is on her mind, which by the way I really like, but it could also be that she doesn’t agree with what you are saying. Fast paced listening. Selective listening. Is she proud? Is she arrogant? Is she right? Is she close-minded?


All of these things are being considered. I don’t think I will ever really understand where she is coming from but I can at least try. I don’t think I can quicken my pace, but maybe I can slow hers…

No comments:

Post a Comment